This base cost depends on the complexity of the initial design, for example how simple is the layout, how much content is on each page, how many internal and external links are there, etc.
If you already have a site, we will most likely have to start a new site and try to copy the original design as closely as possibly, and then import all of the data into the new format. Then you will be able to edit the content. The more you help out with that, the lower the cost.
*If we have to work with an existing host or designer, costs could go up, depending on how cooperative they are. Sometimes starting over is cheaper!
A basic site includes:
- One home page with updateable notices, articles, etc that you or your staff can edit.
- Site header/banner with image (can be randomized images).
- Main navigation menu bar or tabs.
- Submenus for links to related pages.
- Up to 10 basic pages of text and/or simple images, assuming you provide the content and that it is in a convenient format (.doc, .txt, .jpg, .pdf, .bmp or other common format)
- Fully editable content section on each page that you will have access to and can update at will.
- Training on how to edit your site content.
- Sidebars (left, right, or both) for blocks of information, photos, additional menus, etc.
- Choose from a number of preset styles (I will design your site and let you view it in multiple themes or "skins") and then customize the images, color scheme, layout, etc to your specifications.
- Contact Page with your email, phone, address, etc or a form to redirect customer emails to multiple contacts.
- Search box if desired.
- Alternate home page with photos, images, video, etc.
- Photo Album(s)
- Shopping Cart
- Registration Forms
- User Accounts
- Charts, tables, graphs
- Logos, Clip art, etc (we might have to design some or search for public-domain art, depending on your needs)
- Sounds, Videos, Music, etc.
- Complex designs such as different layouts or themes, viewing permissions per user or per page/section, etc.
- $15 per hour for any content, photos, etc, that you want us to edit once the site is up.
- For as long as you want to employ our services, we will continue to provide quality control and security updates for your site. Typically the updates run no more than about $5-$10 per month or less. This is included in the hosting package if you purchase that (below).
Let us take care of it all for you!
No matter who does your design work, you will have to purchase a domain name for your site and pay for site hosting. If you have not already done so, please let us make recommendations for you since some hosts can provide better, cheaper, or even free services, depending on your needs. We can also do this for you as part of our “Site Host and Maintenance Package.”
If you already have a website, site domain name, and/or host we can work with that under most circumstances. Some situations may require moving your site or changing how it works, which could cost extra if it is complicated.
If it is a simple procedure and if we have complete access to existing files, passwords, etc, we may be able to include the work in the base cost.
Annual fee includes:
- Site hosting ($60-200+ value)
- Domain registration ($15 value)
- Security updates as needed ($50-100+ value)
- Regular backups ($50-100+ value)
- Email set-up and management of your website email accounts ($20-50+ value)
- Anything else necessary to keeping your existing site up and running.
- We take care of all 3rd-party payments related to these services. You just make one yearly payment to us and we do the rest! (May require access to passwords and other sensitive information. There is no discount if you decide to handle some of these tasks yourself.)
*does not include website content updates or addition of new features.
- We provide only the web presence for your business. We are not responsible for any visitor response, impact on your business, security breaches, or other effects of placing your information on a public website.
- We have no control over 3rd-party web services or common internet occurrences that could affect your business (eg server down-time, security issues, email reliability, etc.). We are an intermediary and design service only.
- We are not responsible for loss of business due to 3rd-party services although we will help you mediate any issues you may have if you hire us to do so.
- We will work with you to design your site to look and function within the specifications you give us. We will do our best to have that site accessible to visitors except when making changes and updates, which we will try to do during off-hours and as quickly as possible.
- The product you are paying for is our time. The actual hosting of the site, content of the site, software to run the site, etc, are provided by other parties, even if you are paying us to manage those services for you.
- If you request a change to your site function and/or content we will guarantee that the change requested will be functional. If it is not, we will work to make it so or restore your site to its previous state at no charge to you.
- If you request a change that you later wish to change again or remove you will be billed for the time spent to make both changes.
- If you are not happy with our services you are under no obligation to continue employing us and you are free to take your business, your site, and all of its content to another provider. However no refunds will be given for work already completed.
- All content becomes your property. If you choose to discontinue services with us, the site and all of its code and content is yours to do with as you please. The code for your site is provided under Open-Source licensing. That means that we can charge for our time but not for the code itself. Any code produced during the course of our services is also Open Source. You are free to use or edit the code as you wish or pass it on to other parties, and we are free to make the code (but not your content) available to other parties as well. Full access to your content and site code will be provided upon request, to the extent that it does not compromise security of our other clients.
We are sometimes willing to barter part of our fees for services or ad space. This is on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact us to discuss the specifics of your site. Thank you!